Is a Master of Science in Education right for you?
Grad Info Session
June 27 6pm-8pm
About the Program
MCNY’s MS in Education: Dual Childhood/Special Education is a unique program accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). The new accelerated program attracts highly motivated professionals who are committed to the education of all children.
This one year, full-time, 46-credit program is designed for the person who wants the flexibility of holding certifications to teach in a general, inclusive or special education setting on the elementary level. This program will allow students to:
- Participate in a challenging curriculum that incorporates full-time coursework and internship requirements with intensive study.
- Directly teach and learn how to develop positive relationships with students, colleagues, parents and others in the school community.
- Gain hands-on experience and practical knowledge through Constructive Action, a workable plan the student develops and implements.
- Benefit from flexible schedules designed to make education practical for working adults.
- Have access to financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
MCNY MS Education: Dual Childhood/Special Education graduates will be eligible to sit for both initial New York State certifications in Childhood 1-6 General Education and in Childhood 1-6/Special Education.
Not ready to attend an event? Click to get more information.
A Master’s in Beating the Odds for:Kids in the South Bronx.
Most people have a job. Some have a purpose, like MCNY graduate Andrew Proto.